Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of our professional mental health network. Our network covers plans for BlueCross® BlueShield® of South Carolina's Preferred Blue®, BlueChoice® HealthPlan of South Carolina, the Federal Employees Program (FEP) and Planned Administrators, Inc. (PAI).
CBA is a separate company that administers substance abuse and mental health benefits on behalf of BlueCross and BlueChoice®, independent licensees of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
As a provider in our network, you'll be able to request certifications electronically via our health plan partners' websites. When you make certification requests on the web, they are automatically sent to a dedicated staff member who processes the certification.
South Carolina Licensing
To be considered eligible for the CBA network, you must be licensed by the appropriate South Carolina state licensing board to practice independently without supervision.
Behavior Health Specialists
We have an established behavioral health network that includes credentialed mental health and substance abuse providers. Any licensed provider with a qualifier “intern” is not eligible to join our network.
We maintain an open network for these behavioral health specialties:
- Behavioral Health Pediatricians specializing in childhood behavioral health disorders
- Certified Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Licensed Clinical Psychologists
- Licensed Independent Social Workers — Clinical Practice
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
- Qualified Psychiatrists
All non-physicians should have coverage as follows: $1,000,000/$1,000,000. Physicians should have coverage as follows: JUA/PCF combination or $1,000,000/$3,000,000.
Here is what we require as part of the credentialing process:
- My Provider Enrollment Portal (MyPEP) is the one-stop shop for all provider enrollment processes and is now available. Please access MyPEP to begin the enrollment process.
- Complete and sign the appropriate Behavioral Health Application.
- Read and sign the CBA Professional Agreement.
- Read and sign each Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Hold Harmless Agreement (Appendix C of the abovementioned CBA Professional Agreement).
- Upload a copy of your S.C. State License(s).
- Upload a copy of your DEA License (if applicable).
- Upload a copy of the protocol (Nurse Practitioners only).
- Upload proof of current malpractice coverage.
Follow Up & Questions
Please make sure you include all the information and allow at least 30 days before calling to check on the status of your application. We cannot process applications until we receive all the information. Please keep a copy of all application materials for your records.
If you would like more information on joining the network, please email email@example.com.
We recredential all contracted providers every three years. Our credentialing staff will contact you when it is time for your recredentialing.