Frequently Asked Claims Questions
How do I file a claim?
- Online: You can submit claims electronically. Our health plan partners accept electronic submissions from clearinghouses. They also offer their own free online claims filing tool.
- Forms: You can file claims using a CMS1500 or UB04 form.
- Mail: Mail hard copy claims to the address on the back of the member's identification card.
Electronic submissions of behavioral health claims should always include the rendering provider's NPI in the rendering field to ensure correct payment.
Are electronic submissions faster?
Yes, our health plan partners report that electronic claims process faster and more accurately than hard copy claims. This also means that you get paid faster. Another great feature of the free online claims filing tool is that you can save patient claim submission information for future submissions. You can also view previously submitted claims. You can even use the Super Bill function to submit multiple claims for multiple patients with just one click!
How will I receive payment?
CBA's health plan partners process and distribute payments for claims. They distribute payments once a week by electronic funds transfer or by hard copy check.
Where do I mail hard copy claims?
You should send hard copy claims to the address on the back of the member's identification card. Submissions of hard copy claims should always include the rendering provider's identification number in the rendering field to ensure correct payment. If the rendering provider has an NPI, please be sure to include it in the rendering field instead of the identification number.
How do I increase accurate, timely claims payment?
- Verify clients are covered for planned services.
- Get authorization when necessary.
- Submit claims through our health plan partners’ free online filing tool.
- Ensure we have your correct billing address.
More Claims Questions?
CBA network providers can get more in-depth information about filing claims through our FAQ section. Please log in to access this CBA provider information.